Recipe type: Fruits
These are the best Apple Dumplings I have ever made, hands down. They’re so easy, it’s ridiculous! I would suggest getting a padlock for the fridge because Ambien or not you will be rumaging through your fridge at 3 o’clock in the morning with a mouthful of dumplings.
- 2 whole Granny Smith Apples
- 2 can (8 oz) Crescent Rolls (original)
- 2 (Yes, I said 2) sticks of butter
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 1 can (12 oz) Mountain Dew
- Peel and cut each apple into 8 slices, remove the seeds and core.
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in a buttered 9X13 pan.
- Melt butter, then add vanilla and stir.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the apples and pour the butter over the apples.
- Pour Mountain Dew around the edges and up the middle of the rows.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream.