Recipe type: Sauces
We go through a lot of A1 in my house and that crap is expensive for the 2 tablespoons you get in the bottle so I had to figure out a way to make my own and this is what I came up with.
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until it reaches a good consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Cool then strain to remove onion and garlic. Store in refrigerator.
- When cooked this sauce is brown and tastes almost like A-1 sauce.