Baked Ham with Sweet Bourbon-Mustard Glaze
With Easter around the corner, I thought I would share my Baked Ham with Sweet Bourbon-Mustard Glaze. This is my favorite glaze to make for Easter or any holiday.
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Pork
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ham half about 6 to 8 pounds — fully cooked
- Combine the honey and molasses; heat in the microwave or in a pan on the stove top.
- Stir in bourbon, orange juice, and mustard.
- Remove all but about ¼-inch of fat from the ham, then place in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 325 F for about 1½ hours, or until a meat thermometer reaches 140 degrees (About 10 minutes per pound).
- Baste the ham occasionally with the honey-bourbon mixture.
- Transfer drippings to a saucepan and add remaining honey mixture; bring to a boil. Slice ham and serve with the glaze.