Baked Potato Soup
This is by far the best baked potato soup I’ve ever had or come up with. SOO good. Better than any restaurant, you will never go out for soup again.
- 8 to 10 slices bacon, diced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup scallions (green onions), chopped
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 large potatoes, baked, peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) tub sour cream
- 8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- sliced scallion for garnish (optional)
- In a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon to paper towels and discard grease, reserving 2 tablespoons in the pot.
- Stir in butter, onion and celery. Cook, stirring until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions and flour until blended.
- Stir in chicken stock; cover and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thickened and vegetables are very tender.
- Stir in half-and-half, potates, salt, pepper, sour cream and cheese.
- Continue cooking until cheese is melted and soup is hot.
- Garnish with baconand/or sliced scallions.