Banana Nut Bread with Streusel Topping
If you have some brown bananas laying around, this is a great treat for the family and a great way to use those bananas everyone refuses to eat.
Author: Joshua Trent
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of a loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened and still lumpy.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle Streusel-Nut topping over the top.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before serving.
Streusel Nut Topping: In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup brown sugar, 3 tbsp flour. Add 2 tbsp cold butter and cut in with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.