Beef Stew with Homemade Noodles
Recipe type: Stew
So this is awesome on a cold day or a rainy afternoon. Really easy to make and the noodles are really easy so don’t be nervous!
- 1 pound stew meat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 10.5 oz low sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp A1 sauce
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- In a 3.5 qt pot, heat olive oil on medium. Add stew meat until browned.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add beef broth, A1 sauce, salt, pepper and spices and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 15 -20 minutes.
- When meat is tender, add 4 cups water.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add egg noodles. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure all noodles get cooked.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes to let noodles absorb more juice. Serve.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, eggs and salt.
- Turn the mixture out onto a well floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough out to the desired thickness (1/4 inch or so).
- Slice into strips with a pizza cutter and place strips on a drying rack until needed.