Recipe type: Appetizers
I love bruschetta! It’s so earthy and has such an organic quality you just can’t help but feel better for eating it.
- 1 cup diced ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 loaf toasted French bread, sliced diagonally into 1-inch thick
- mozzarella cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Toast bread on a baking sheet in a 400°F oven for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and garlic powder.
- Mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon tomato mixture on toasted bread slices.
- Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil and serve.