Cafeteria Sloppy Joes
Recipe type: Beef
Sometimes food is the best window to the past. Try this recipe anytime you want to re-live those childhood days of recess and naps and…man, those were the days!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet with olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic cloves, ground cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and water.
- Simmer until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns or slider rolls.