Cheddar & Scallion Cornbread
Recipe type: Breads
I love cornbread and the cheddar and scallions mixed into this recipe send it over the top! It’s sooo good!
- 1 and ¼ cup cornmeal (not stone-ground)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces extra (or extra-extra sharp) cheddar cheese, grated
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Generously grease a round 9-inch cake pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Gently fold in the grated cheddar cheese and scallions, mixing until combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking until just combined.
- Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.