Chicken & Corn Chili
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1¼ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 can (15 oz. each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper.
- Cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Stir in cumin, coriander and chili powder; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken then cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir corn, beans and salt into pot. Heat through.
- Spoon into bowls and top with shredded cheese.