Recipe type: Chicken
This is so good and yet so easy. Wow your friends with this dish, they’ll think they went to Olive Garden!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Spread flour in shallow baking dish. Beat egg with ½ tbsp vegetable oil in a second shallow baking dish. Mix bread crumbs, cheese, and minced parsley in third shallow baking dish.
- Season cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge cutlets in flour, coating on both sides and shake off the excess. Then, using tongs, dip both sides of cutlets in egg mixture, letting excess drip back into baking dish to ensure very thin coating. Finally, dip both sides of cutlets in bread crumbs.
- Place cutlets in a single layer on a wire rack to allow coating to dry for 5 minutes.
- Preheat one large nonstick sauté pan over high heat, add 3 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Heat until butter is melted and sizzling.
- Place cutlets in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 ½ minutes. Flip over, reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 2 ½ to 3 minutes longer.
- Drain on rack set over a baking sheet, then transfer to a warm serving platter. Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.