Chicken, Spinach and Gnocchi with Pesto Cream Sauce
I made this up today and I have to say it turned out pretty good! (They don’t always, lol!) This sauce is ridiculously easy and it tastes so good!
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1 lb box of gnocchi
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1-2 chicken breasts, pre-grilled
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup jarred pesto sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. If it is done before you are, just rinse it with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Melt butter in a saute pan (or high-sided skillet) on medium heat. Add chicken and cook until heated through. Add spinach and saute with chicken until cooked down.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan. Simmer until reduced by half (about 5-7 minutes).
- When sauce has thickened to desired consistency, add pesto sauce and stir until well combined.
- Add gnocchi to pan and toss to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pre-grilled chicken – On Sundays I grill 6 – 8 chicken breasts and leave them in the fridge to use on salads, quick pastas or stir fry. This is a great time saver for me and makes preparing a meal much faster and hassle free!