- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz) can rotel
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 pkg enchilada seasoning
- 14-18 (5-6 inch) corn tortillas
- Fritos chips and Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Bring 3½ quarts of water to a boil in a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add chicken, rotel, and seasoning packets and simmer on low for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Cut the corn tortillas into strips about ½ inch wide.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and when it is cool enough to handle chop or shred.
- Add the tortilla strips and the shredded chicken to the pot and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or garnish with Fritos and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Category: Soups & Stews