Chili Con Queso
Recipe type: Appetizer
So a lot of people make a very overly complicated chili con queso but this is the favorite at our house. If you don’t like it so spicy just exclude the jalepeno.
- 1 (32 ounce) bar Velveeta Cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (7 ounce) can Chopped Green Chilis
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 whole jalapeno
- Using a nonstick skillet, cook ground beef and onions until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Once browned, drain some of the fat from the skillet.
- Cube Velveeta bar. Add cubes to browned ground beef and onion mixture.
- Add can of Rotel (juice and all), can of green chilies (juice and all), and stir over low heat.
- Cut the top and bottom off the jalapeño, slice into matchsticks, then rotate and slice to create a fine dice.
- Add to queso and stir.
- Serve in a crock pot on low to keep it warm and smooth!