Chocolate Cake Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert
These brownies are really good and very light, almost like cake.
- ¾ cup butter
- 4 (1 oz) squares semisweet chocolate (or unsweetened for dark chocolate lovers)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- dash salt
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1½ cup flour
- 1½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter, chocolate squares, coffee granules and salt in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of boiling water. Be careful not to overheat.
- When chocolate is just melted add the sugar and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and buttermilk.
- Add the flour.
- In a small bowl toss chocolate chips with remaining 2 tbsp flour; mix into batter.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center has just a few fudgy crumbs.
- Let cool for 30 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.