Classic Apple Pie
This is probably my favorite fruit pie, so good! This recipe makes a really good filling that doesn’t make the crust soggy like other recipes.
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Desserts
- 8 Granny Smith (green) apples
- 1 cup sguar
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- dash of ground cloves
- dash of salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 pie crust recipe, unbaked
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Put into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, flour and spices in a small bowl. Mix into the apples and coat evenly.
- Line 10″ pie plate with first crust. Pour apple mixture into the plate and dot with butter chunks.
- Place top crust on top of apples and butter. Slice to vent steam. Turn top crust edge UNDER bottom crust to seal. Pinch the crust all around the edges.
- Brush crust with milk, sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar. (1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon)
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 350°F and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.