- 8 Granny Smith (green) apples
- 1 cup sguar
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- dash of ground cloves
- dash of salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 pie crust recipe, unbaked
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Put into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, flour and spices in a small bowl. Mix into the apples and coat evenly.
- Line 10″ pie plate with first crust. Pour apple mixture into the plate and dot with butter chunks.
- Place top crust on top of apples and butter. Slice to vent steam. Turn top crust edge UNDER bottom crust to seal. Pinch the crust all around the edges.
- Brush crust with milk, sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar. (1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon)
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 350°F and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
About the Author (Author Profile)Self Described 'Domestic Divo' Joshua Trent shares his favorite Recipes, Household Advice, Gardening Guides, Tips on Entertaining and Seasonal Crafts.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Pi Day is today! We celebrate by running down celebs' favorite pies | March 14, 2013