Country Cheddar Biscuits
Recipe type: Breads
These are my go-to biscuits when I’m making a last minute meal. Very easy and very good.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Salt (to taste)
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ¾ cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ stick butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, parsley, garlic, and sugar together using a fork; cut in shortening until it resembles cornmeal.
- Add the cheese and stir in buttermilk just until blended. Do not over stir.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, or use an ice cream scoop, onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter (optional).