- 1 (16 oz) can pitted sour cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- Few drops of red food coloring (optional)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 pie crust recipe, unbaked
- Combine cherries, sugar and food coloring in a saucepan. Heat to a boil.
- Mix water and cornstarch together in a small mixing bowl. Slowly add to the cherries, stirring until thickened. Let cool completely.
- Place 1 pie crust into a Pam sprayed 9″ pie plate. Pour cherry filling into crust.
- Lay the other crust or the lattice crust on top of the cherry mixture. Slit holes if using whole crust.
- Brush crust with milk, sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 mins, then at 350°F for 35 – 45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.