Easy Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Recipe type: Stew
This is one of my favorite Jambalaya recipes and it’s soo easy! If you don’t have any bloody mary mix on hand just double the chicken stock.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole spice mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1¾ cups long-grain rice
- Parsley, optional
- Combine chicken, sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes (undrained), garlic, bloody mary mix, chicken broth, spice mix, thyme and oregano. Whisk together and pour over vegetables in slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add shrimp and rice; raise heat to high and cook for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.