Easy Slow Cooker Jambalaya
This is one of my favorite Jambalaya recipes and it’s soo easy! If you don’t have any bloody mary mix on hand just double the chicken stock.
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Stew
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole spice mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1¾ cups long-grain rice
- Parsley, optional
- Combine chicken, sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes (undrained), garlic, bloody mary mix, chicken broth, spice mix, thyme and oregano. Whisk together and pour over vegetables in slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add shrimp and rice; raise heat to high and cook for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.