Josh’s Famous Cookies
If you’ve ever stayed at a Doubletree Hotel you know that about the only reason people stay is for the cookies they give you! I came up with this recipe trying to make up a “copycat” recipe for their famous cookies BUT I have to say the cookies I came up with are better! I used chocolate chips, pecans and oatmeal and the result is a delicious treat that tastes like it came straight from Grandma’s kitchen!
Author: Joshua Trent
- 1½ cups pecans
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the pecans on a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes, chop coarsley and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the eggs, one at a time, and add the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
- Add the oats, pecans, and chocolate chips until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten slightly and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.