Farmhouse Chicken Stew
This is possibly the best thing I have ever invented. I make it all the time, in fact, I’m making it as I type. It is great “go-to” recipe when you can’t figure out what to do for dinner and the best part is, no need to defrost! This stew goes great with herb rolls.
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Stew
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts (Frozen or thawed)
- 4 red potatoes, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup (or more) frozen sweet peas
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- tsp black pepper
- tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 slices of bacon, diced
- Place frozen chicken breasts in a crock-pot.
- Add potatoes, celery, carrots, onion and peas.
- In a medium bowl, mix broth, herbs, salt & pepper and lemon juice.
- Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Dice bacon and spread over the top. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.