Football Whoopie Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
I saw this idea online but it was a really drawn out recipe so I thought I’d condense it a little. If you can’t find a good egg shaped baking pan then you can drop the cake mix on a pan and scoot it in place with a knife to form the football.
- CAKE MIX
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil.
- On a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet, scoop out batter using an ice cream scoop into mounds and push into shape with a knife.
- Bake for 8 minutes then let cool completely.
- For the icing, whip together butter and sugar (start with 3 cups of powdered sugar, then add more if necessary for thickness). Whip for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Scoop into a pastry bag with the end cut with a ½ inch opening.
- To fill, pipe icing onto the bottom cookie (wrong side up), then top with another cookie (right side up).
- Using any leftover icing and another plastic pastry bag with a very small tip cut off, make the laces.