- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 small pkg. (3 oz.) lemon Jello
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup hot water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1½ cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour a Bundt pan. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pan aside.
- Stir together the cake mix, gelatin, oil, water, eggs and extract in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides as needed. The batter should look thick and well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the rubber spatula, and place the pan in the oven. Bake the cake until it is light brown and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze. Combine the confectioner’s, and lemon zest in a small bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a serving platter. Spoon the glaze evenly over the cooled cake so that it drizzles down the sides and into the center.