Green Beans with Pears & Bacon
Recipe type: Side Dishes
This probably sounds like a weird combination, but the flavors are amazing together. Impress your family and friends with this insanely easy gourmet side dish!
- 1 (12 oz) steamable bag frozen green beans
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp chopped or dried dill
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the bag of green beans according to package directions.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar.
- Add the sliced pears and saute for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the green beans, dill and bacon and give a final toss.
- Plate and serve!