Grilled Chicken with Satay Dip
This is actually really, really good. Impress your friends with this easy recipe!
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Appetizers
- ¾ cup good olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ⅔ cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1½ tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 ginger powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp cooking sherry
- 1½ tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil, squeeze lemon over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill 10 minutes on both sides until done and juices run clear. Cut into ½ inch strips and skewer with wooden sticks.
- Cook the olive oil, sesame oil, red onion, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small, heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat until the onions are transparent, 10 to 15 minutes. Wait about 7-8 minutes after starting and add the garlic.
- Whisk in the vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, sherry, and lime juice; cook for 1 more minute.
- Cool and use as a dip for the chicken.