Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Maple Cinnamon Butter
These are ridiculously easy and full of flavor! Some people probably wouldn’t think to put sweet potatoes directly on the grill but it gives it amazing texture and flavor
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Vegetables, Sides
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into crosswise (or lengthwise) about ½ – ¾”; you’ll want them to be a little bit on the thicker side.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop the sweet potato slices in. Let them parboil for about 5 minutes…just long enough to soften them a bit.
- In the meantime, preheat your grill to medium, about 300°F. Brush vegetable oil onto the grill grates using tongs and a folded up paper towel.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse them with cold water. Pat them dry between paper towels. In a large bowl, coat the discs with olive oil making sure that both sides are oiled.
- Place the discs on the hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes. Flip them over and cook them for 4-5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve with maple cinnamon butter (below).
6 tbsp butter, room temperature 3 tbsp maple syrup ¼ tsp cinnamon Cream all ingredients together in a bowl using a hand mixer.