Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Maple Cinnamon Butter
Recipe type: Vegetables, Sides
These are ridiculously easy and full of flavor! Some people probably wouldn’t think to put sweet potatoes directly on the grill but it gives it amazing texture and flavor
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into crosswise (or lengthwise) about ½ – ¾”; you’ll want them to be a little bit on the thicker side.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop the sweet potato slices in. Let them parboil for about 5 minutes…just long enough to soften them a bit.
- In the meantime, preheat your grill to medium, about 300°F. Brush vegetable oil onto the grill grates using tongs and a folded up paper towel.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse them with cold water. Pat them dry between paper towels. In a large bowl, coat the discs with olive oil making sure that both sides are oiled.
- Place the discs on the hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes. Flip them over and cook them for 4-5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve with maple cinnamon butter (below).
6 tbsp butter, room temperature 3 tbsp maple syrup ¼ tsp cinnamon Cream all ingredients together in a bowl using a hand mixer.