- 2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup + two tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- ¼ cup finely grated lemon zest
- pinch salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Allow to stand for 20 minutes at room temperature, whisking every couple minutes to help dissolve the sugar.
- You may want to strain the cream mixture at this point unless you like lemon zest in your ice cream, some people do, some don’t, your call.
- Chill this mixture for 3 hours until very cold.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once finished, place into a lidded container and chill until firm.