Homemade Lemon Ice Cream
I know when most of us think of Ice Cream, Lemons are probably the last thing we would think of but this is actually really good! The sour of the lemons, sweetened with sugar and creamy ice cream, well…not to steal from Martha but It’s a Good Thing!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup + two tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- ¼ cup finely grated lemon zest
- pinch salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Allow to stand for 20 minutes at room temperature, whisking every couple minutes to help dissolve the sugar.
- You may want to strain the cream mixture at this point unless you like lemon zest in your ice cream, some people do, some don’t, your call.
- Chill this mixture for 3 hours until very cold.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once finished, place into a lidded container and chill until firm.