- For the crust:
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Filling:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- Zest of 1 large lime
- ½ cup lime juice, from 5 limes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter with a fork. Mix until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or dish. Pat down the bottom and sides. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare filling. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Whisk until well combined. Add in the lime zest, and lime juice. Whisk well. Set mixture aside. It will thicken up as it sits.
- When the pie crust has cooled to slightly warm or room temperature, pour the lime filling over the pie crust. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. When cool, chill the pie in the refrigerator. The filling will set up as it cools. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve cold.