Mango Chicken Skewers
These are great skewers I made last night, perfect for a summer evening when it’s too nice outside to be cooped up in the kitchen!
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Chicken, Grilling
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- Bell peppers, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together the spices, and lime juice. Immerse the chicken and mangoes in the mixture and marinate for 2-4 hours, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a hot grill, line the grill with a strip of foil on one end to prevent the bottom of the skewers from burning.
- Take the skewers and alternately place pieces of chicken, mango and peppers.
- Arrange the skewers evenly on the grill. Turn them once while cooking and cook until cooked through and nicely charred. 6-10 minutes. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
You can marinate the mango with the chicken but if you’re marinating a while they may get mushy so feel free to leave them out.
Here’s an example of using foil on the grill so your skewers don’t burn.