- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream the butter and shortening together in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend in the the sugar until it is nice and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- In another medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla and pour into a greased bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
(Photo Credit: http://lululuathome.com/2007/09/butter-pound-cake.html )