Momma’s Pecan Pie
I’m lucky enough to have a couple of Pecan trees growing at the farm and so we eat A LOT of Pecans…so you could say we’ve made enough pies to be experts by now. This recipe is one of many but it is exceptionally good and very easy.
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Pastries
- 4 whole large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons snsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 cups pecans halves
- 1 prepared 9 inch Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 375, and place rack in the lowest position in oven (so the top pecans won’t burn).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Roughly chop 1-1/2 cups pecans and place in the bottom of prepared pie crust. Top with remaining whole pecans and then pour the filling over top.
- Set the pie onto lined baking sheet and place into the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the center slightly jiggles.
- Cool pie completely in pie plate before serving.