Mustard Crusted Pork Chops
Recipe type: Pork
This is a really good recipe for a meat that is lacking in variety. Good balance between tangy and sweet. It’s a must try.
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary or parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Season pork chops lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, sugar, mustard powder, rosemary, and garlic; mix well. Smear evenly over chops.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add prepared chops and brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook 20 to 25 minutes, until no longer pink and cooked through. Serve warm.