Mustard Potato Salad
We eat mustard potato salad in my house, I’ve never cared much for regular though I think you can just leave out the mustard and still have a good potato salad.
- 8 cups yukon gold potatoes, cooked, peeled, then diced (about 10 -12 medium potatoes)
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and finely crumbled
- 2 cups sweet onions, very finely diced
- 1 cup celery, peeled and very finely diced
- ¾ cup dill pickles, very finely diced
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ¼ cup pickle juice
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Boil potatoes in the peel with the whole eggs.
- Remove the eggs after 10 minutes of boiling, and remove and drain the potatoes when just fork tender.
- Let eggs and potatoes cool to room temperature.
- Peel all and refrigerate whole potatoes and eggs until cold.
- The potatoes will dice and hold up better when cold. Dice the potatoes into ¼- 3/8″ dice.
- Place into a very large container with a lid.
- Crumble the eggs and add to the container with the diced potatoes.
- Very finely chop the onion, celery and pickles. Add to the potatoes and eggs. Gently stir to mix the ingredients evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, dill pickle juice, cream, salt, pepper and sugar. Whisk until creamy.
- Pour over potato mixture and gently stir until the dry particles are coated with the creamy mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. 6- 8 hours is even better.
- If you like color you can sprinkle some sweet paprika over the top.