- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- Place the oats, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in a large heat-proof mixing bowl. Or if you feel like a free “kitchen chemical peel” put them in a thin plastic tub.
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Mix in milk, then add the sugar and vanilla. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Take your scalding hot mixture off the heat (this is where the kitchen chemical peel comes in) and dump it in with the oat mixture.
- Combine well and let cool for 10 minutes to allow the oats to soak up the wet stuff.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and wait 1 hour. Or if you’re impatient like me, throw a few in the freezer and wait 10 minutes.