- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 4 Tbsp. cold butter, divided
- ¼ cup white balsamic-vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- In a small skillet, saute sween onion in 1 Tbsp. butter until tender. Add winegar; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, comine the flour, sugar, baking powder and seasonings. Cut in remaining butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the onion mixture, cheese and green onions. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6 to 8 times. Pat or roll out to ½-inch thickness; cut with a floured 2½-inch bisquit cutter.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.