Shown with Orange Julius
Orange Breakfast Ring
I threw this together one morning for a last minute brunch and I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome! It was really good and had a great flavor, you would never guess it was canned biscuits!
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (about) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar and orange zest in a bowl; mix well.
- Dip biscuits in butter then dip in sugar mixture and coat well.
- Arrange, standing on edge, in a 9-inch tube pan (or bundt pan).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then invert on serving platter.
- Blend cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir in the orange juice. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over hot biscuit ring and let drip down the sides. Serve warm.