Oreo Cake Balls
My Mom loves to make cake balls but I thought I would kick it up a notch for a dinner party last weekend and decided to make it with Oreo’s on the mind. They turned out so rich and amazing, a must try!
- 1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients on the back of the box)
- ½ package Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- 6 squares (12 oz) Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Make the white cake according to package directions, adding the crushed Oreo’s to the mix.
- After the cake has completely cooled to room temperature, gently mix in the container of cream cheese frosting until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cake mixture onto baking sheets lined with wax paper. Freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- Melt the Almond Bark and dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 30 second intervals. Make sure to mix the chocolate well after 3 each 30 second heating so it won’t burn.
- Let chocolate cool to room temperature. Drop in the balls one or two at a time and completely cover in chocolate using a spoon. Put back on the wax paper to dry.
There really aren’t any better directions I can think of. Cake balls are really a practice-makes-perfect dessert. My Mom can make them look beautiful, but as you can see, I’m still practicing. I can make the fanciest French chocolate tart or cream pie from scratch but perfecting the outer shell on a simple cake ball still blows my mind.