Oven Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Recipe type: Chicken
This is the most simple oven fried chicken recipe ever made. Sheet pan, some seasonings, butter and chicken drumsticks. All the basic food groups. This recipe is one of my favorites because the meat is really juicy and tender and the skin is crunchy, perfect!
- 20 to 24 chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (or 1 tsp sage, 1 tsp thyme)
- ½ cup butter
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and poultry seasoning. Shake to mix.
- Line 2 13×9-inch pans with heavy duty foil. Place ¼ cup butter in each pan. Place pans in oven to melt butter. (Be careful not to let your butter burn!)
- Coat chicken with seasoned flour mixture, shaking about 3 legs at a time in the bag. Place chicken in prepared pans in the melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and nicely browned.
I also like to add a splash of Tobasco to each one when I get them in the pan but that’s optional.