Recipe type: Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. (about 2 cups) small pasta shells
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh kale, tough stems discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces and washed
- 2 cans small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and 3 cups water. Bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Add pasta and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Stir in kale; cook 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium and stir in beans, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Ladle into bowls; garnish with Parmesan.