I made this last week and I can’t begin to describe how simple and easy it really is. What a good sauce!
Author: Joshua Trent (inspired by Olive Garden)
Recipe type: Pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz ham (Black Forest if possible), julienned
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 pound pasta (your favorite shape), cooked according to package directions
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat extra virgin olive oil and garlic in a sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Once garlic starts to sizzle, add mushrooms and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Allow to slightly reduce, for about 10 minutes.
- Add ham, peas and parsley and cook 4 minutes.
- Return cooked, drained pasta to pot and add sauce.
- Cook until sauce simmers and coats the pasta.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in grated Parmesan. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer to large serving platter. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.