This is a great and simple summer time dish with lots of fresh herbs from the garden and best of all, you don’t need the oven!
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1 lb pasta (I used large shells)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp each chopped fresh herbs from the garden (I used basil, parsley and dill)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil and peas in a 12″ saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, herbs, carrots, bacon, salt & pepper and heat until cooked through.
- Add the pasta and cheese to the pan and toss all ingredients in the pan until well heated.
- If the dish is a little “dry” just add more olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re health conscience just omit the butter and add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil.