Peanut Butter Pie
Delores Stinson (Cousin)
Recipe type: Dessert
This is a great pie recipe my cousin always brings to the family reunions and it’s always a big hit! If you can’t find the bigger box of pudding the small one works fine. Same goes with the whipped cream, if you can’t find a tub of extra creamy just use regular.
- 1 9″ pie shell, pre-baked
- 1 box (6 serving size) vanilla cook & serve pudding
- Milk (amount on the pudding box minus ½ a cup)
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1½ – 2 cups extra creamy whipped cream
- Bake the pie shell according to the package directions. Let cool completely.
- Cook the pudding according to the package directions (and the note below), let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and confectioners sugar until it is completely mixed and resembles course crumbs. Reserve 3 tbsp of the mixture and press an even layer with the rest into the pie crust.
- Spoon the pudding onto the peanut butter mixture. Spread whipped cream on top of the pudding.
- Sprinkle the reserved peanut butter mixture on top and serve.
Typically the pudding recipe on the box will call for 3 cups, however, I always make it with just 2½ cups to make the pudding a little thicker. This will make sure the pie slice stands up on it’s own and doesn’t just droop and run.