Peppery Cheese Bread
Recipe type: Breads
This is a great flavorful bread that any pepper lovers in your family will ask for over and over again!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, oil, milk and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.