Pineapple Sauce for Ham
This is my favorite sauce to serve with a ham. I don’t even experiment that much to fine a new one, I’m beyond satisfied with this one, lol!
Author: Becky Trent
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8½ ounces) crushed pineapple (with or without syrup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Turn the heat on to medium and stir in pineapple, lemon juice and mustard.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Makes 1¾ cups.