- 1½ cups warm water (about 105°F)
- 1 (1/4 oz) packet active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup melted butter (half for the bottom of the pan and half on top of the breadsticks)
- 8 oz package of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper (to taste)
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid type mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, dissolve yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, milk and salt then mix just until combined.
- Add flour, one cup at a time and knead the dough until smooth. About 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface.
- Knead the dough a few more times and incorporate a little more flour. Dough will be silky and smooth.
- Roll the dough into the size and shape of your baking pan (I use a half sheet pan which is about 13×18).
- Spread half of the butter onto the bottom of the pan and then place the dough into the pan. Let raise in warm, draft-free place for 15 minutes.
- Spread remaining butter on the top of the dough.
- Top dough with toppings or leave it plain.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 or until golden brown.
- Cut into breadsticks and serve with marinara sauce.
About the Author (Author Profile)Self Described 'Domestic Divo' Joshua Trent shares his favorite Recipes, Household Advice, Gardening Guides, Tips on Entertaining and Seasonal Crafts.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Jen’s Meal Plan 5/21 ~ /27 | Meal Plan Girls | May 20, 2012
- Jen’s Meal Plan 6/4 ~ 6/10 | Meal Plan Girls | June 3, 2012
- This Weeks Delish! | August 11, 2012
- Knock off Pizza Hut Cheese Bread | Saving On The Essentials | September 11, 2012
- Pinspiration Wednesday #17 « Outtakes on the Outskirts | September 12, 2012
- Homemade Pizza Hut Cheesy Bread Sticks | October 22, 2012
- “Pizza Hut” Copycat Cheesy Bread | Eating and Crafting on a Budget | December 21, 2012
- Pizza Hut Breadsticks Recipe | Tina Fit | December 24, 2012
- Friday Night Treats | "Pizza Hut" Cheese Bread - Bless This Recipe : Bless This Recipe | December 26, 2012
- 100 of the Best Restaurant Copycat Recipes | Six Sisters' Stuff | April 29, 2013