Pizza Hut Cheese Bread
I came up with this little cheese bread recipe and thought it tasted pretty close to Pizza Hut’s cheese bread. It’s really really good and makes plenty for any family dinner or party! Super easy and very quick, very worth the effort. If possible, I try to find whole milk mozzerella instead of the part skim because it burns faster and doesn’t melt as nice. The dough also makes great pan pizza dough if you like thick crust!
- 1½ cups warm water (about 105°F)
- 1 (1/4 oz) packet active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup melted butter (half for the bottom of the pan and half on top of the breadsticks)
- 8 oz package of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper (to taste)
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid type mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, dissolve yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, milk and salt then mix just until combined.
- Add flour, one cup at a time and knead the dough until smooth. About 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface.
- Knead the dough a few more times and incorporate a little more flour. Dough will be silky and smooth.
- Roll the dough into the size and shape of your baking pan (I use a half sheet pan which is about 13×18).
- Spread half of the butter onto the bottom of the pan and then place the dough into the pan. Let raise in warm, draft-free place for 15 minutes.
- Spread remaining butter on the top of the dough.
- Top dough with toppings or leave it plain.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 or until golden brown.
- Cut into breadsticks and serve with marinara sauce.
Toppings I’ve used range from, olive oil, chopped rosemary and roasted garlic to mozzerella, parmesan and garlic salt. It just depends on your tastes. Go crazy and be inventive!