- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine milk, water and butter. Bring to baby-bottle warm.
- To start the yeast fast, dissolve the sugar and the yeast in the milk mixture.
- Add the flour, a little at a time, until you get your desired consistency.
- Knead dough on a well floured surface, sprinkling in the salt as you go.
- Place in an oiled, covered container. Let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Punch down and shape into about 24 small rolls.
- Put 2 balls in each hole of a greased muffin pan. Sides should just touch–don’t pack. You have to work quickly because this dough rises fast!
- Let the shaped rolls rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 450° oven for 12 minutes or until nicely browned.