Quick Yeast Rolls
This is my favorite recipe for Quick Yeast Rolls. They are done in less than an hour with only half the work. Because they have twice the yeast as normal, they rise fast so work quickly.
Author: Joshua Trent
Recipe type: Breads
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine milk, water and butter. Bring to baby-bottle warm.
- To start the yeast fast, dissolve the sugar and the yeast in the milk mixture.
- Add the flour, a little at a time, until you get your desired consistency.
- Knead dough on a well floured surface, sprinkling in the salt as you go.
- Place in an oiled, covered container. Let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Punch down and shape into about 24 small rolls.
- Put 2 balls in each hole of a greased muffin pan. Sides should just touch–don’t pack. You have to work quickly because this dough rises fast!
- Let the shaped rolls rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 450° oven for 12 minutes or until nicely browned.