Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Mushrooms are not my favorite thing in the world but this recipe is definitely a game changer! Super quick prep means this is a cinch to throw together around noon and then come home to a great meal!
Recipe type: Chicken, Slow Cooker
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10¾ oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- ⅓ cup chicken stock (or water)
- 12 ounces dried wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 oz) carton dairy sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, layer chicken breasts on top of chopped onions. In a medium bowl stir together the soup, mushrooms and chicken stock. Pour over chicken and onion.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Just before serving, stir sour cream into mixture in cooker. To serve, spoon stroganoff mixture over hot cooked noodles. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper. Makes 6 to 8 servings.