Spinach & Ham Mini Quiches
I love quiche and I saw mini quiches on another website so I thought I would adapt my favorite quiche recipe to fit a mini muffin pan, they turned out great and are a party favorite now!
Author: Joshua Trent
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 box refrigerated Pie Dough
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 4 oz cooked ham, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, heavy cream, eggs, yolk, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix the cheeses, set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie dough. Using a 3 inch round cutter, cut out 24 rounds. Fit rounds into 2, unsprayed, muffin tins.
- Divide half of the cheese, evenly between the lined cups. Top with ham and a bit of spinach. Divide milk mixture evenly between cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately remove quiches from muffin tin and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
To make pouring the liquid easy, it’s best to use a glass liquid measuring cup with a spout. If you don’t have one, hopefully you have a turkey baster! Sometimes I run out of the liquid so don’t worry if you do too, you didn’t mess up, just make a half recipe to finish.