Recipe type: Lunch
I really enjoy having a lite lunch and a larger dinner although I’m pretty sure the “experts” say to do the opposite. Oh well, gotta go sometime. Anyway, I love to make this spinach quiche especially with fresh spinach from the garden.
- 1 9″ frozen pie crust
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach
- ¾ lb Muenster cheese, grated (about 3 cups)
- salt and pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- Grease 9″ pie plate and prepare pie crust according to package directions.
- Turn oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and pinch of salt, cook until soft.
- Add spinach and cook uncovered until spinach is cooked down, remove from heat.
- Mix ½ cup grated cheese, ½ tsp salt, pepper and nutmeg with beaten eggs.
- Now add spinach and onion mixture to egg mixture.
- Spread in pie plate on top of crust, top with remaining cheese and bake 35-45 minutes or until cheese is nicely browned.