- 2 steaks (filet mignon, 10 oz preferred)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon “House Seasoning”
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large, well-seasoned cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and brush them lightly with vegetable oil.
- Spread the house seasoning out on a plate and roll the steaks in the mixture, pressing lightly to evenly coat all sides.
- When the skillet is ready, add the steaks and sear them evenly on all sides for about 2 minutes per side, for a total of 10 minutes.
- Top each steak with a tablespoon of butter and place the skillet in the oven.
- Cook the steaks until they reach 120°F for rare or 125°F for medium-rare on an instant-read thermometer. (Make sure to take out 5 degrees before the actual temp because they will continue to cook.)
- Remove the steaks to a serving platter, cover tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite steakhouse sides.